The physicians and staff of Old Greenwich Medical Group want to express appreciation to our patients for the personal sacrifices you have all been making in the interest of the health of our community during the current pandemic. Thank you for doing everything possible to minimize the spread of infection in our area.
Our Old Greenwich office remains open, and our receptionists continue to answer calls on weekdays from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Our 24-hour answering system will assist you with any urgent situations that arise at nights or on weekends.
We encourage virtual telemedicine appointments for any issues that can be managed without a face-to-face visit. Traditional in-person appointments are also available with our physicians, for all matters best managed in that fashion.
COVID 19 Vaccine Information
The recently developed vaccines against COVID-19 are critical tools in the effort to end our current pandemic. The physicians at Old Greenwich Medical Group strongly advise each of our patients to receive one of the available vaccines.
The best source for up-to-date information is your state vaccine website:
Connecticut residents: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Vaccinations
New York State residents: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
Appointments can be made utilizing the following tools:
• VAMS online system: VAMS is the Vaccine Administration Management System and can be used to schedule appointments at multiple clinics across the state. To make an appointment using this system, click here.
• Call Connecticut’s COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Assist Line: Connecticut’s COVID-19 vaccine appointment assist line is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., seven days a week. To make an appointment, call 877-918-2224.
• Hartford HealthCare: Hartford HealthCare has multiple locations throughout the state, including large clinics in the Hartford area. To make an appointment using this system, click here.
• Yale New Haven Health: Yale New Haven Hospital has multiple locations throughout the state, including large clinics in the New Haven area. To make an appointment using this system, click here.
• Stamford Health: Stamford Health is operating a clinic seven days per week at Stamford Hospital. To make an appointment using this system, click here.
• Walgreens: Walgreens is currently offering the vaccine at 12 different locations and will soon be adding many more across the state. To make an appointment using this system, click here.
• CVS: CVS is currently offering the vaccine in four locations (Colchester, Putnam, Waterford, and Windsor Locks) and will be expanding to 12 more locations in the next week. To make an appointment using this system, click here.
• Walmart: Walmart will be offering the vaccine at seven locations across the state (Hartford, New Haven, North Windham, Norwalk, Torrington, Waterbury, and West Haven). To make an appointment using this system, click here.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 vaccination distribution plans in Connecticut, visit ct.gov/covidvaccine.
Contact: Maura Fitzgerald
Connecticut Department of Public Health, Maura.Fitzgerald@ct.gov
New York State Residents:
Please continue to follow the guidelines on the NY Department of Health website: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
In the context of the current pandemic, for everyone's safety, some important guidelines:
DO call in advance to schedule appointments for all telemedicine visits and in-person visits.
DO call in advance to schedule appointments for all immunizations, injections, and blood tests.
DO arrive for in-person visits by yourself and as close to the scheduled time as possible.
DO wear a mask when entering our office.
DO ask our receptionists if you need assistance accessing patient portal or telemedicine connections.
DO NOT come to our office in person without an appointment.
DO NOT bring others to accompany you to any in-person appointment, unless absolutely necessary.
DO NOT arrive at our office more than 10 minutes early to any appointment
Following our office guidelines will be of tremendous help in limiting the spread of infections in our community. We thank you for doing all you can to keep our population healthy!